Tuesday, August 14, 2012

10 Thought Tuesday ~ #1 @ Blogger ~

This is my first blog post at Blogger for 10 Thought Tuesday.  It's something I started doing many moons ago and it not only caught on.....but it stuck.  If this is your first time reading it's really just a list of random thoughts that I'm thinking at the time that I scribble down and post.  I hope that you play along.  Maybe even leave me a link in the comments to your 10 thoughts.  That would be cool.

1.  Hubby has taken the week off work.  I love the man, I really really do, but he's making me CRAZY!

2.  I am eating a ham, chicken, roast beef, cheese sandwich with a glass of Dr. Rock.  I really wanted Dr. Pepper but it was $2.69 and Dr. Rock was only 99 cents.  I figure I rock anyway so it's a win-win for me.

3.  Brandy~puppy the Super Dog is trying to get me to feed her my sandwich.  She left her perfectly good bowl of vet "gastro intestinal" food to  mooch off me.  Meh.  Maybe I would too if I had to eat vet food.

4.  It is cool and raining outside today.  It is just another reminder that fall is just around the corner.  I'm hanging on to summer vacation fiercely.....but, I can feel the grasp of the fall routine juuuust over yonder.  I'm not ready!!!  I've got more lounging and reading to do!!!!

5.  Yesterday we went to Indigo Books.  I had $30 of gift cards given to me from piano students.  I bought a novel about a donut shop [surprise surprise], a monogrammed magnetic bookmark, and EOS lip gloss.  Why a book store has EOS hand lotion or lip gloss is beyond me.

6.  Odell Willis is a defensive end for the Saskatchewan Roughriders tweeted that the new Tim Horton's peach mango smoothie is awesome and now he's addicted.  #crack.  So Hubby and I tried one for the first time yesterday.  OMG and holy smokes they are yummy!

7.  I seem to be on a Twitter role.  Last week Shannon Tweed.....yes, THAT one......the one who is married to Gene Simmons responded to my Tweet about seeing KISS garden gnomes at the Canadian Tire.

8.  I'm trying to compose this here list and Hubby keeps bothering me.  Did I mention he's making me nuts?  NUTS, I tell you.  It's only day 2 of his holidays.  *rolls eyes*  In best Titanic voice  "Help!  help!"

9.  Thursday, Friday & Saturday of this week is FolkFest in Saskatoon.  We've bought our Passports and were looking at which pavilions to attend.  This year we are making sure to hit up the Indian/Metis pavilion.  I can't believe I've never taken that one in before.  Highlights usually are the Norwegian and Scottish pavilions.  This year we will be on our own time and don't need to rush around.

10.  At some point later this week I need to stop by the music school and pick up my schedule for fall.  I am required to call and confirm all my piano students.  This is another sure sign the summer is nearly over.


12 comments:

  1. NO! Please no! You said the S word! I'm not ready yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not say SN*W. As far as I know Saskatoon isn't a bad word... So it must have been the "school" word.

      I saw a student in a store today. He looked as horrified as I did!

      Delete
  2. Oh! And your tweet is neat!

    How much longer will Brandy have to eat the GI food?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandy can stay on the GI food forever. I don't think she's all that fond of it though. Her eating patterns are not what they used to be. She's eating plenty but she used to jump out of bed and gobble up her food....now its lunch or later. The GI food is like $35 a bag. It has a special coating so it's easier to digest. She goes into the pantry [it's a walk in] and sniffs at the old bag of food.

      Delete
  3. Too many reminders that summer is coming to an end especially when it's only just started here as far as the weather goes! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy....we had tons of humidity in July and temps of 30*C and that combined resulted in some foul storms...tornadoes! I agree though...this summer has sped by. I don't like it one bit. *digs in fingernails and holds on tight*

      Delete
  4. I am ignoring the S word. And the W word. Although I miss the M word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I go and read old blogs, it's not so much the blog content that is meaningful but the comments...the silly and fun things that came out of the comments. That's why I urged people to comment here. The Comments brought us together and made friends....the website didn't. *kicks Multiply*

      Delete
    2. I miss the M word too :( I will miss my friends..

      Delete
    3. It's hard. But I was thinking tonight...it's a part of my life and yet...somehow not a part of real life. It's like I live a double life. But it's a good life.

      Delete
  5. Ohh wow Did u know it took me a few to figure out that this wasn't M!! I am way slow today..

    book store woot.. I love bookstores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indigo is a Canadian chain store. Indigo is the big store...like Chapters. While the small stores are called Coles. Indigo has a whole section with tea pots and tea and really neat things...still there wasn't anything like that with my name on it.

      Delete