Tuesday, August 21, 2012

10 Thought Tuesday ~ Dwindling Time ~

My feetz outside reading before I was plagued by the "rash".
It's a sunshiny day here in Toon Town.  We're supposed to get up to 31*C this afternoon.  For me, that is hot Hot HOT.  It indeed still feels like summer but we can be sure the days are numbered.

Numbered like my list!

Ha!

1.  Yesterday I went to work and called all my students to inform them of their starting dates.  It took about 45 minutes.  I left mostly messages which I am thankful for.  I really dislike phoning parents.

2.  While I was at the school my classroom neighbour was busy packing up his belongings.  He's not coming back this year.  He's a good guy and says he might be back next year.  We taught similar styles of music and tended to lean on each other for advice.  I'll miss him.

3.  Brandy~puppy is done with the Gastro Intestinal food.  I mixed the last into the other kibble.  She gobbled it up last night and this morning like she hasn't eaten in weeks.  I just hope that the regular Purina food isn't too hard on her system.  She seems fine so far.  And no, the vet never got back to me nor did he advise me on what to feed her once the food was done.

4.  Pennington's has shoes.  Yes.  And they are really super cute.  The only problem is my closest and favourite store does not carry them.  So to view and try on these super cute shoes I have to drive all the way over to the East Side.  It's not fair.  People on the West Side wear shoes too.

5.  I'm going to make a hair appointment for a back to work "do".  I think I will go shorter....about shoulder length.  I explained to Hubby how I don't seem to get the results I want and he told me that I should tell the hair dresser to make me over....instead of telling them what I'm hoping for and ending up with the same cut that doesn't work.  I think I'll try that.

6.  Football critics and Ridernation are making me crazy this week.  Yes, we lost another game.  It's 4 in a row.  The offence on all levels was poor this week.  The thing about the football in this province is that fans are beyond passionate.  I can't even explain what it's like until you experience it.  But they are harsh.  I'm staying quiet for now about it.

7.  I'm almost finished reading Motor Mouth by Janet Evanovich.  I thought that this was the first book in the series but I was led astray and it's actually the second book.  I like it.  I really enjoy Janet Evanovich's writing.  It has a flow and pace to it that is so easy to read and time passes fast and you don't even know it.  I gobble up her books.

8.  I think when I go out I might stop at Tim Horton's and grab something for lunch.  I love that new Peach Mango smoothie.  Yes, I like it better than coffee.

9.  *sigh*  I need to do some major clean up before the school year starts.  I feel like I'm going around in mental circles.  I want to do this and I want to do that and soon I've thought about it so much I haven't done anything and time has passed me by.  *sigh*

10.  Brandy is still not impressed with the current furniture placement.  She's not fond of the couch in the window.  But my back is thankful for sitting on the love seat.  She looks longingly a the window.  I am more stubborn than she.....I am not moving the furniture back......yet.

12 comments:

  1. I know what you mean by number 9. My lunch "break" has turned into almost an hour now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's partly because I've spent so much time worrying about Brandy this summer. I feel like I need to go places but then I don't want to leave her alone sometimes. Other times I get side tracked and the day goes by. I have to stop that from happening. It's a vicious circle! The house is tidy for the most part but floors have to be done and weeding has to be done outside...can't do that until after supper when the sun isn't so hot.

      But I am going to have lunch and go OUT for a while. Clear the head!

      Delete
  2. I have a new routine [well, it's starting to become a routine]. When I wake-up and start planning my day, instead of my usual getting up and coffee lollygagging, I just get up and do one or two things on the list right off the bat. Then I sit down and have coffee. I'm barely awake when I do these things but I get more done with less analysis. It also serves to confuse the h*ll out of the animals which in and of itself can be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could try that. The thing is....My day starts later than most so I also feel like I'm playing catch up all day. I'm really good at lollygagging. But I have all day to do stuff. I just need to use my time much more wisely.

      Delete
  3. I find that holidays have that effect when there is a lack of routine to the day. It's easy to think there is lots of time and then find yourself rushing around at the end of the day trying to having something to show for all that time! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it exactly and I didn't even have or make a to-do list for summer.

      Delete
  4. I've postponed going to visit my mom because of the heat. I don't want to worry about the kitties in the condo when it is 100+ outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said we were supposed to be 31*C today but I was out and yes, it was warm, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that hot.

      I'd melt into a puddle at 100*F.

      Delete
  5. I know when I have a day off I spend the week before cleaning and scrubbing and prepping... so that when I do get that day I can spend it lollygagging... I refuse to wear a watch on weekends and vacation... it's the BEST..

    you can wash floors when you're back on a routine with work.. for now enjoy your time, hubby and puppy... You'll be glad of it come september..

    hmmm... EXCEPT.. it may be harder to reset yourself to a routine once it's time.

    Football.. hee hee.. I THINK Saskatchewan MAY be the only province aware of their football team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how you think.

      Lot's of the time I think SK is way to aware of the football team.

      Delete