I'm a blogger/writer/passionate CFL Rider fan by day.....Piano Teacher by night.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
10 Thought Tuesday ~ Last Tuesday of Summer ~
in 1833, an act abolishing slavery throughout the British Colonies
received royal assent and came into force on Aug. 1, 1834. Also today in
1963, Martin Luther King delivered his famous "I have a dream" speech
to almost 250,000 demonstrators in Washington and in 1904, the first
jail sentence for speeding was handed down in Newport, R.I. -- five days
-- for driving 32 km/h.
Today is also the day the plumber is here to fix Renter Person's toilet. Hurray!
And the last Tuesday of my summer vacation.
*insert the longest saddest face imaginable*
It's okay. I'll get over it eventually. Like.....by next July.
1. For those who don't know Renter Person, or RP as I so affectionately call him, is our renter in the basement suite of our bungalow. He's probably the best renter we've ever had, but also the worst. He tends to break things....not always his fault....and he stinks up the house with his cooking. Oh yeah.....and then there's the couple times we've seen him nekkid. Renting is certainly an adventure.
2. Tonight I have a staff meeting regarding the new school year. In case you have just found my little corner of the world here, I am a piano teacher. I love my job, but like most kids I do dread the return of the fall routine. "Mom! I don't wanna go to school!"
3. I am very relieved that my dental appointment went well yesterday. It had been well over a year since I'd been to have a cleaning or a check up. The hygienist said that my teeth were remarkably clean for it being that long. She also mentioned I'm brushing my fangs too hard and she suggested a fluoride mouth wash. Back when I was 20 my dentist told me to use a mouth wash like that but no one since thought it was necessary. I thought that was interesting. Anyhow, I left with my new purple toothbrush and a box of floss.
4. Brandy~puppy the Super Dog has been doing well. She likes her new Royal Canin Cocker Spaniel food. I haven't noticed a change in her stinky ol' ears yet. There isn't a cleaner around that takes care of them right and trust me, I've tried them all. So now, I'm using my Kirkland make-up remover wipes. I've used them on my ears and it makes them dry out so I thought maybe they'd have the same effect on Brandy.
5. People ask me what I've done this summer and I feel weird saying nothing. I mean, we've done stuff, but we haven't gone anywhere. We did the whole FolkFest thing which was lot's of fun. We've taken walks and just enjoyed Toon Town. I wish we could have gone camping though, I miss the campfire. Actually, I might just miss the smores associated with the campfire.
6. I have a thing for office supplies. Well, maybe not all office supplies but specifically pens. I am a pen collector. I have pens that light up and blink and write in funky colours. It might be an obsession. I have pens from New York and I have pens from Dollarama. My only requirement is that they write well. I'm very protective of my pens. I don't lend them out unless they are a generic variety. It really bothers me when they go missing from my classroom as well.
7. In my walk in pantry is a smores maker. The smores maker is a little jar of canned fire and you put your marshmellow on a metal stick and toast away. Then there's little bowls for crackers and chocolate and other yummy things. It was a birthday present from my In Laws a number of years ago. It still isn't like a campfire though.
8. I also own a bread maker, sandwich maker, popcorn popper, and quesadilla maker. I sound like a university student. Those makers are hardly ever used anymore. Hubby says we should form a club and rent out our appliances so people don't have to buy them and then they take up space in thei pantry or house. He might be onto something there.....
9. My plan for this afternoon is to get my floors vacuumed, swept, and mopped. It is the most detestable of all the household chores in my opinion.
10. I have two new back to work outfits and one new pair of shoes. The shoes are red. I love coloured shoes. I wish I could get green shoes. Green is the colour.