Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blood Suckers

We endure the long cold winter months and yearn for the freedom of summer so that we can bask out on the deck with our ice tea [or something more sinful] clad in shorts and sleeveless T's or dare I say swim suits? But once you are settled out there in your deck chair with book and drink in hand,something disturbs paradise.


BZZZZ.


Yes, the pesky Mosquito, it's that time of year again. I actually did a little research on the subject of Mosquito's. Did you know that it's only the female that bites? Apparantly, she needs it for reproduction. There must be a heckuva lot of female mosquito's out there in my back yard! I can envision the poor male mosquito sitting shuddering by a puddle of water waiting for his harem to return!


BuZZZZ.


One time, Hubby and I went camping with my parents. They were in their motorhome, while we were inside our truck camper. We were tucked in our sleeping bags when I heard a THUMP! I peered out the crack in the curtained window across the lot at my parents RV. I witnessed a beam of light in the darkness flailing about madly. What in the world are my parents doing? Wait, I may not want to know! In the morning, I dared to ask. Before they had climbed into bed themselves they had heard a mosquito. Their theory was that bugs are attracted to light so my Mom was shiningthe flashlight around attempting to attract the mosquito while my Dad would swipe at it with the swatter. That's the stuff comedy acts are made of!


bUUUUUUz.


What do you use to repel those nasty bugs? Mosquito's. Taradactyl Skeeters. In the ads, OFF! seems to be the weapon of choice. Something that has Deet in it to ward off the skeeter and not spread the West Nile Virus. But not too much Deet that it causes Cancer. YIKES! Here's what I've learned. Off! doesn't really work. It just makes you smelly. Last year, I invested in a new bug spray made by Watkins. They insist that it works. The jury is still out. Testing is still being conducted.


bUUZZZZZZ.


BUZ!


And now .................................................The Mosuito Poem :)

Familiar whine in my ear
You settle on my forearm
Prepare to pierce my skin with your proboscis
I raise my hand to strike

Wait!
What if I let you complete the cycle?
You might feed the songbird
Who cheers my day.

Your larvae might feed the minnow
Who feeds the fingerling
Who feeds the pike
Who feeds me.

You might be a meal
For the brown bat
Whose guano fertilizes
Tomatoes for my salad.

SMACK!
But not today.
By: Deborah K. Frontiera AuthorsDen.com


Buuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.


I lie awake waiting for you. As I lie on my bed, thinking about you, I feel this strong urge to grab you and squeeze you, because I can't forget last night. You came to me unexpectedly during the balmy and calm night, and what happened in my bed still leaves a tingling sensation in me. You appeared from nowhere and shamelessly, without any reservations,you lay on my naked body... You sensed my indifference, so you applied your hungry mouth to me without any guilt or humiliation, and you nearly drove me crazy while you drained me. Finally I went to sleep. Today when I woke up, you were gone. I searched for you but to no avail, only the sheets bore witness to last night's events. My body still bears faint marks of your enthusiastic ravishings,making it harder to forget you.

Tonight I will remain awake waiting for you...

....you F%$#@&^ MOSQUITO!

GOTCHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment