And yes, it is Thursday instead of Tuesday, my usual thinking day. But I've been busy.
1. My birthday present arrived Tuesday. It was supposed to be here Friday. Anyway, I've been busy learning how to use said present. An iPod Touch Gen 4!!!!! IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!
2. I even used my new iPod for good yesterday. When a student hadn't heard the song I was trying to teach her I said....well, let's listen! And I pulled out my iPod Touch Gen 4, went straight to YouTube and forced her to listen to Don McLean. At which point she asked, "Is this a really old song?" Ugh.
3. The best part of that last scenerio was that when I told her Dad we were listening to Don McLean, he said "Didn't he do American Pie?" and then I replied, "YES! ....drove my chevy to the levy..." And the Dad replied, "but the levy was dry." And then he said he was going to sing it all the way home. My student looked at me and said "Thanks, Sandra...really. Thanks." LOL! I love it.
4. Don't eat the beef!!!! There is a huge beef recall in Canada. Seriously. Don't eat anything beef unless you know exactly where it came from. I know....first there's a bacon shortage and now beef.
5. My doctor's appointment went really well yesterday. She insists I am normal. HA! My thyroid is now functioning normal.....right in the exact range it should. That's great but also means I can no longer blame my weight issue on the hypothyroidism. So I asked to be referred to a nutritionist. I think it's a good move. I'm feeling good about it.
6. Brandy~puppy's ears are AWESOME!!!! She had her vet appointment last week. The infection is gone. Now we are working on maintaining a healthy ear. She is still on Cephelaxin for another 2 weeks. She is on an antifungal pill which will be a life long preventative. And for now she is on an ear drop which will work on opening up the ear and dissolving the hard built up. She is the happiest little dog ever.
7. We had my birthday supper at Il Salici Restorante at the Willows Golf Course. It was amazing. The cannoli was a let down. Oh well. I really loved trying out a new place. It feels like travelling without going anywhere.
8. Today, being 40 feels awesome. Pfft. What was I so worried for?
9. The Sunday romp to the Berry Barn with coworkers was great too. WAFFLES!!!! In case you didn't hear.....they have a waffle bar. It was so pretty there too. It's situated on the banks of the South Saskatchewan River. It was so colourful with the fall foliage.
10. Sunday Hubby and I are planning on going for a drive to a nearby lake. He's going to let me take pictures and experiment with my iPod and Instagram settings. I'm so thankful to have a great techno Hubby!
|Brandy, who is not always a willing photo subject, tries to hid in house.|