1. One of my favourite movies is You've Got Mail. These is a great scene. The book store has just closed and Joe Fox visits Kathleen.....except she is sick. He takes her daisies. Daisies are the friendliest flower.
2. When I am sick I take Buckley's Cold/Flu tablets. They really work. I think they are a Canadian thing. I do not take the liquid. *gag*
3. Hawksley Workman has a song about being sick. He thinks it's kind of cool because people do things for you and you just get to lay around.
4. Brandy has returned to her spunky self. I've just been giving her the cephelaxin pills. The ear drops were reacting with her and making her throw up and be all weird. I've gone back to the Purina Beneful doggie food and she loves it. She's back to eating first thing in the morning. I feel relieved.
5. I have a strawberry spinach salad for lunch but I think I'm going to make a cup of soup instead. Chicken soup is supposed to be good for colds, right?
6. I think Fudgeo cookies are good too. Maybe not for colds but for the soul. There are some in the pantry for after the cup of soup.
7. My In Laws had a family BBQ on Saturday. Then they had birthday cake for me. It was several layers of chocolate cake with a fudgey chocolate frosting between each layer with chocolate frosting and shaved chocolate on top. *drool* They gave me a furry blanket and a set of glasses as a gift. The furry blanket is soft like Brandy. Brother in Law called me Cruella de Ville.
8. Hubby will be home tonight. I think his bus gets in around 10:30. I was supposed to go out with the girls from work tonight but said I couldn't leave Brandy alone all that time. It turns out most of us at work are sick anyhow. I doubt that many are going to go now. I had really wanted to go to. *sigh*
9. Sunday my work is having a party at the Berry Barn. The Berry Barn is known for Saskatoon Berry concoctions. The waffles are incredible and feature a waffle bar where you add your own toppings. I am forfeiting football watching for a waffle bar.
10. In case you weren't quite aware.....this Saturday is a very special birthday for me. I don't feel any different. I feel like me and the number I will be only seems to be a number. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!