1. I am running around like a turkey lurkey because the In Laws are visiting for the weekend and I have to make the house look all festive.
2. In Canada we celebrate the harvest instead of Pilgrims.
3. Tonight after work I am making my mom's punkin muffin recipe. I have been craving it for a week.
4. I do not like pumpkin pie. It's a texture thing. Don't look at me like that.
5. I make up for it by liking Christmas fruit cake and plum pudding.
6. It is a dull and dreary day. Hubby's aunt dreaded the singing of a certain hymn in church because of the line "dull and dreary fall." Sometimes I pull out the hymnal and play that song on the piano. She was good spirited and we all kidded her about the song.
7. We're not having turkey this weekend either. I have nothing against turkeys. It's just because I have a freezer full of chickens. We buy them from a Hutterite farmer.
8. On the weekend I bought Pumpkin Spice tea made by Stash. Every evening I've been meaning to make a cup. I keep running out of time in the day. I feel like making tea in the evening is a fall ritual. It's a ritual I got away from in the warm weather. But now that the sky is greying.....I need to get back to it.
9. I love my iPod. I like how fast it is. I love the picture taking stuff. I love the reminders and the alarm. I'm wondering how I ever coped before.
10. I am thankful for Hubby and Brandy~puppy the Super Dog. I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for Tim Hortons and their pumpkin muffins. I am thankful for Starbucks and their pumpkin latte. I am thankful for my new coworkers and for having a great place to work. I am thankful to live in such a wonderful province. I am thankful for football.