It's not winter yet. It was close. There was that one day that it snowed all morning but luckily it melted as it hit the ground. I switched my morning alarm to Let It Snow. Ever since that day, we've had sunshine and nice temps. I am trying to cherish these days.
I know what is to come.
But it's not winter yet.
1. I went to Halloween Spirit yesterday. I wasn't really looking for a costume but couldn't help noticing how small and inappropriate most costumes are. I'm not talking about scary, I mean sexy. There were 50 Shades of Grey outfits for adults. What? I bought fake green hair strips that clip into my own hair, some LED votive lights and Angry Birds socks.
2. I am going as myself for Halloween. And by "myself" I mean, I'm going to go in full Roughrider Fan regalia. You know, because that's how I roll in the 306.
3. This Sunday is the first day of the Christmas Countdown. There is a website called Organized Christmas. I follow the plans every year for a stress free holiday. It really works.
4. Remembrance Day falls on a Sunday this year. That means the "holiday" will be observed on Monday. That means it will be a long weekend.
5. The day before Remembrance Day, the 10th day of November 2012 will be written 10/11/12.
6. The week of Halloween I have my students pick out their Christmas songs for the Christmas Recital. I love teaching Christmas Songs.
7. This Friday Brandy goes back to see Dr. Powell as a follow up about her ears. She has awesome ears for the first time in years. She's still somewhat fussy about her food. I'm wondering if she has a tooth issue. I'll ask when we go.
8. This weekend we will insulate our windows with plastic. It is a hateful job. Last year we bought and put plastic on but it was a poor grade and wouldn't stay stuck. We were angry and it was a waste of money. This time we've found the brand that we used initially. It will last 2 years of done correctly.
9. I loved the crock pot recipe I made on the weekend. This time of year makes me want to make comfort food. I was wanting stew but with the current beef recall I'm a little shy on buying beef. I'm going to research another chicken recipe for this weekend. But the Chicken and Barley stew was a win!
10. Don't tell anyone, but I've been into the Halloween candy. No one will know unless they move the box. Shhhh!