Tuesday, October 9, 2012

10 Thought Tuesday ~ Untitled ~

Looking South West on the South Saskatchewan River
But, even when I title the blog "untitled" it's still titled isn't it?  Because the word "untitled" is the title.

Maybe I should say Un-Labeled instead.

10 Thought Tuesday ~ Un-Labeled ~

There.

1.  Some one said recently "I can't be bothered spending time thinking about how the things I say make someone feel.  Life is too short."  And this was said by a "loved one".

2.  Some people will never change.  I've accepted that.  I know they won't change.  This is how they are.  When you accept that it's funny how you stop caring about them too.

3.  I love me.  I am awesome.  My house is messy.  I stay up too late and sleep too late.  I eat Pop Tarts for breakfast [sometimes] and put cream in my coffee.  My jeans might be tight and my make up a little too bold.  I love deeply.  I am passionate about my Riders.  I am a role model for my students.  And no matter what you say my dog is going to heaven when she passes.  I don't need to be validated by anyone.

4.  I decided a long long time ago that Hubby and Brandy were my family and the welfare of My Family comes first and foremost.

5.  I live in a multicultural city.  Do not point out to me the nationality of my neighbour or the person working in Timmies.  I appreciate that these people have come here in search of a life.  I appreciate that they are working and providing for their families and not living off the system.  I love people.  I don't need to know what colour their skin is.

6.  Some people need to remember that their parents and grand parents were immigrants to this country too.  My Dad's heritage is from England.  My Mom's heritage is from Scotland and right here.  Yes, they were First Peoples-Indigineous Aboriginal-Indian-Metis people.  I am thankful for all of the branches of the family tree.  Without them I wouldn't live here.

7.  My new neighbours moved in on the weekend.  I have only seen one vehicle with an Alberta license plate.  I've only seen one male leave the house.  I'm excited to see who is living there!  I was also sad to see the other neighbours go and I wish I had gone to tell them how much I appreciated them.  They looked out for other neighbours and that's unique these days.

8.  My iPod is freaking awesome.  I am using the reminders more and more.  I love it.  I feel like I don't need to remember so much.  My brain is free-er.  At the same time.....Angry Birds is far too addicting and it makes me angry when the pigs laugh at me.

9.  I live in the most amazing place.  The fall has been beautiful.  We still have some colourful leaves on the trees and the temperature isn't all that cool yet.  I live in the fastest growing city in western Canada and yet a short drive away is a lake to relax.  I'm only 1.5 hours away from my parents.  I drive 10 minutes to work.  Nothing is too far away or too close.  It's a terrific place.  And it's where my Hubby and Doggie live.

10.  I hope everyone had a great Canadian Thanksgiving.  Mine was "meh".  But it's alright because as you can see I have a lot to be thankful for and having a turkey meal turn out/not turn out doesn't change all of those things.

14 comments:

  1. Number 2 is really true, if sad. But true. The rest are good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And these are people who should be cared about. But when it just causes you stress, drama and turmoil....what's the point?

      Delete
  2. I think #2 has more to do with the not caring how they're going to impact your life anymore. You realize you can't keep putting them on the board in that way. It gives them space you can't afford for them to have. You need that space for others who will have a more positive impact. They may still be a part of your life peripherally but not play a role in any game changing ways. It can be a sobering conclusion to come to and yet very freeing at the same time. Those kind of people can be such a heavy anchor.

    I like your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head. I wish these people no harm. They are good to me. They are emotionally detached and will be forever. I don't need to spent the time on it anymore.

      Delete
  3. Yup, I'd say you're living right! It just can't get any better.

    MT C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying. It's always evolving.

      Delete
  4. I did have a great thanksgiving weekend. I had a low traditional dinner with only a handful of family. It was great. Christmas will be more stressful and halloween of course is coming up.. but I'm thankful for this past weekend. (mostly because I'm comfortable with your #2 up there hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm okay that my weekend was just "meh." It is what it is. I try to live all the time and not just for holidays.

      Delete
  5. #3 and #4 are my favourite parts of this blog. *high fives*

    You, go, Sandra!!!! *waves banners and blows whistles in support*

    I can't wait for Christmas! *goes to check out your holiday planning link*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew says that I'm his favourite aunt because I am confident no matter what. I'm feeling more and more that way all the time.

      Thanks for the support!

      The Christmas planning site is excellent. I read the housekeeping book she wrote as well. It was full of great things and tips to make life easier.

      Delete
  6. I get the feeling you love life, and that is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love everything about my life. Not so fond of other people stepping into it and trying to tell me how my life should be. I am a strong woman!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I feel like I've come a long way. I used to feel really large in the presence of my in laws. Lately, I haven't felt that way. I think the change in my own perception of myself has really helped me to realize I let them make me feel certain ways....and it's not true! I am awesome. I can be awesome all the time. Heck, I am pretty awesome most of the time!

      Delete