Tuesday, November 27, 2012

10 Thought Tuesday ~ 28 Sleeps ~

My Charlie Brown Tree
It is 28 Sleeps until the jolly fat dude breaks into my house to leave presents!  Well, not my house.  I won't be home.  But Mr. Clause has been known to break into my parents home from time to time and since that's where we'll be spending Christmas this year I have high hopes that is where I might catch a glimpse of this festive reverse burglar.

He can't come in the chimney.  They don't have a fireplace.  The chimney leads directly to the furnace.  THAT doesn't sound like a good idea.  

1.  Santa must be the messiest eater there is.  When ever I left out a plate of cookies and milk for him there were crumbs all over and milk spilled.  What the heck?  It's one thing to break in but does he have to mess up the place?

2.  Plum Pudding.  My Mom and I are the only two people in the family who like Plum Pudding with caramel sauce.  I'm not sure we'll have it this year.

3.  I love fruit cake too.  I love the light cake kind without nuts and with that nice thick almond frosting.  Yup.  I love fruit cake.  I am what I eat.

4.  When I looked in the mirror just now I thought I looked like Ally Sheedy in Breakfast Club.

5.  What's your favourite Christmas movie?  I love Christmas movies.  There are so many!  It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, Christmas in Connecticut, Scrooge, The Christmas Story......YOU'LL SHOOT YER EYE OUT!

6.  I think White Christmas is one of my most favourite Christmas songs ever.  But I also love the rockier type like Holly Jolly Christmas, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, or.....who am I kidding?  I love them all.  Except Little Drummer Boy.  I draw the line there. _______  <-- line is drawn.

7.  Gremlins.  Now there's a non-traditional Christmas movie.

8.  I found 4 December birthday cards.  I only needed 2 but I bought all 4 anyway.  They are so hard to find.  I need one for my Brodder who was born on Christmas Day and was just narrowly missed being named Rudolph.  The other I needed for my Seester who was born on New Year's Eve.

9.  I am done my Christmas shopping.  I would like to find one more spectacular present for Hubby though.  He's just too dang practical.

10.  This Saturday Hubby and I will put up our fake green pipe cleaner tree and decorate it with all kinds of amazing ornaments we've collected over our nearly 20 years together.  Then Brandy will once again get to lay on her most favourite blankie ever.....the red fuzzy Christmas tree skirt.  We will be a merry bunch.

Brandy last Christmas shortly after her throat surgery on her favourite blankie.

15 comments:

  1. When I was kid Santa even left reindeer POO on the table!!...

    I've never had plum pudding.. I might make that this year's 'try something new' project.

    fruitcake.. mmm... you can have mine.

    Before or after the makeover?

    along with those you just mentioned? ELF!

    hmmm... ask Miki and Craig what my favouritest EVER christmas song is..

    WORST most terrifying movie EVER.. Black Christmas.. 1979 I was just a kid and my babysitter and his friend watched it on tv... and I didn't sleep for a year. Still to this day have nightmares...

    Wow! That's a lot of celebration over the season!

    I have not started my christmas shopping.. soon though.

    This weekend is deck the halls here too.. I ♥ it.

    I'm pretty sure that's the best gift under that tree up there ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad Rudolph didn't leave Poo at my house.
      Plum Pudding is like fruitcake with sauce on it. If you don't like fruitcake then you won't like PP.
      Before or after what makeover? Just then when I looked in the mirror I looked like Ally Sheedy in Breakfast Club. It was my dark eyeliner and black shirt.
      Never saw Black Christmas....now I am intrigued. I like scary movies.
      Brandy was my Christmas present in 1999. She was born Nov 11/99 and we brought her home on Ukranian Christmas Jan 7/00. Which is also my nephew's birthday.

      Delete
  2. My neighbour and I have decided we need chick flicks for the holidays. Here are our list of movies: When Harry Met Sally, Serendipity, About a Boy, Bridget Jones, Notting Hill, Love Actually, and then Kate & Leopold, and Grosse Point Blank. GPB because I love John Cusack, K&L because they came with the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Holiday. You must include the Holiday with Cameron Diaz and Jack Black and Jude Law and Kate Winslet. Best movie ever!
      It's gotta be both Bridget Jones too. That movie is my reason for having an ugly christmas sweater.

      Delete
  3. We never did the milk and cookie thing when I was a kid. But I did it for my own kids:) You are prettier than Ally. I live your Christmas excitement...I am so catching it from you!!! I love Grinch but Elf is one of my faves. I like While You Were Sleeping too. I enjoy listening to Diana Krall, James Taylor and John Denver for Christmas music. I am thinking of putting up my green fake tree. When we got Donny he kept climbing up the trunk of it!!! He is so huge now I doubt he'd do it now. Do I still have the tree??? Dunno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even feel that excited but I'm trying.

      Elf is okay. Not really a total fav. I have too many others.

      Gene Autry, Buck Owens, Boney M, Bing, the Chipmunks....those are christmas to me. Reminds me of home.

      Brandy knocked the tree over one year. Might have been the first year we lived in this house. Scared the poor dog. She'd jump every time she'd go back into the living room. Made me wonder how it happened. We were lucky and only a couple ornaments broke.
      ReplyDelete

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Year without a Santa Claus with the Heat and Snow Misers! And Charlie Brown Christmas.

    I've never had plum pudding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (and you can have my fruit cake, too)

      Delete
    2. Plum Pudding doesn't have plums in it lol It is very much like fruit cake.

      I love Charlie Brown. Love love love.

      Delete
    3. No plums in plum pudding? False advertising! :)

      Delete
    4. Nope. No plums. Back in the day...the term was used as a generic idea for candied fruit. When you think about the 12 days of Christmas and "sugar plums" they are just kind of referring to candy or marzipan or something. Fruitcake has dried fruit bits in it. The cherries are my favourite.

      Delete
  6. I just looked up a recipe for it and... mmmm.. no I think I might have to find something else to try. BUT the tradition of it is interesting. It's made with 12 ingredients to represent jesus and his followers every member of the household (family servants everyone!) takes a turn stirring it a certain direction ti represent the wisemen who travelled. Cool right? not tasty but neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that. We just do it because it's traditional. We buy it and don't make it. There is a fantastic lady named Patty Cakes who makes awesome pudding and rum sauce. The rest of the family prefers pie. But really, we always have to have birthday cake for my brother...so why bother? It's too much food!

      Delete