Tuesday, November 20, 2012

10 Thought Tuesday

1.  This afternoon I go for my eye check up.  I don't think my vision has changed much.  I suspect things are normal and I'll just get a new supply of contacts.  I don't think I should tell my eye doc about the Gravy in the Eye incident.

2.  My order from Bronners Christmas Wonderland arrived yesterday.  The ornaments I ordered came in a much larger box than needed.  I ordered a cannoli ornament, a donut, an angry bird glass ornament and an angry bird mini set for work.  They also threw in a free ornament that says Merry Christmas on it.  Another plus is they came backed in a ton of packing peanuts so now I have a way of getting Andrea her box of nail polish I promised her.

3.  I got my hair cut last Wednesday.  No one.....I mean, NO ONE noticed.  Until yesterday.  You know what the difference was?  I didn't straighten my bangs.  So everyone thought it looked curlier so I must have gotten a hair cut.  These are people I see every single day.

4.  Brandy's ear infection tried to flare up again.  I think I have it under control.  I doubled up her meds and got the ear drops going again.  Her ears didn't get smelly.  She seems tired a lot but otherwise is her regular self.

5.  I went to the Roughrider store on Saturday.  I had to get a couple things as Christmas presents.  I bought myself a snow glob and a calendar.  I like the calendar not only because it features my favourite players but because it is sponsored by KidSport and the money goes to support that organization.  I like supporting a good cause.

6.  I think we are going to have to get our house decorated this weekend.  It is usually the last weekend in November that we decorate.  For some reason this year it feels too soon.  I don't know why.  We don't even have lights up outside yet.  I feel like a humbug.  There are several on my street already.  So I guess we better get after it this weekend!

7.  Riding my stationary bike for 15 minutes gains me about 200 extra calories in the day.  The problem with this is.....I'm left having to eat a bunch late in the day when I really don't feel like it.  I know that if I had a bigger breakfast on the days I ride the bike would make a big difference, yet I can't seem to get myself to do that.  I haven't changed my routine otherwise.

8.  I'll be at work early today.  My eye appointment is just down the street from work.  So I think I will decorate my classroom.  All the decking is there already stashed in my filing cabinet.  I saw a coworkers room and her's looked so neat and tidy and festive.  Mine always looks like a disaster.  Now it will be a disaster with Christmas decorations.

9.  I'm making chicken salad for lunch.  I've been having a chicken salad sammie and Special K crackers every day for lunch.  I'm addicted to those Special K crackers.  They're like chips.  Crack chips.

10.  These are my thoughts.  Not much rolling around in the ol' noggin' today.  Oh but Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.  Enjoy your day!  And watch out for the Black Friday Crazies!

11 comments:

  1. We usually decorate the office as a "team" here at work... you should SEE the FUR FLY!!!... it's great fun when it gets going and it's especially fun standing back and taking bets on the last one standing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are each responsible for decorating our own classrooms. The school does it's own thing to decorate otherwise. There is a decorating and eggnogging night.

      Delete
  2. re #3... I got NINE INCHES off my hair and no one noticed. NO ONE. My "friend" boss said, well, you pinned it up so much... but yanno, it hasn't been up since, it's dried and curled instead of washed and let hang. AND NO ONE NOTICED. Can you tell I'm peeved. I don't blame you, either... it's a weird feeling when you change something that obvious about yourself and people who see you all the time don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just wrong.

      My hair was long enough that it sat on my shoulders. Now it is bobbed to my chin line. It's much different. It wasn't until I didn't straighten my bangs that they thought it was different.

      We work in a place that details are what we do...sort of. I mean, teaching is noticing the detail. At least that's how I look at it.

      No one said anything about my weight until I had lost about 60 pounds too. And that was very noticeable.

      Delete
  3. I am one of those people who rarely notice how people look. I usually ask about five days later if someone got their hair cut. I guess I don't look to closely. I think a lot of it is that I don't play tons of attention to those details in myself, so unless it's extreme I don't notice in other people, either. New clothing is more noticeable, especially if there's a bright colour involved, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's the thing. Why do I care so much how I look if no one notices? I don't pay attention to what people are wearing either. But I do tend to notice hair or make up or when someone wears something I know I haven't seen before.

      Delete
  4. 200 calories for 15 minutes!??!?!

    Hmm? I need to get my rear into gear, ya hear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. And that's not even vigorous exercise. My calories are around 1400 for the day...maybe a smidge more. But then I ride the bike and suddenly I get 1600 for the day. Think of all the things you can eat with that extra 200.

      Delete
  5. I want to put up my decorations this weekend!!! I bet you are someone who thinks her workspace is a disaster but it doesn't look it. I work with many people like that. Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to have books all over. There is my attendance binder which every student signs. There is my student binder with trackers/plans etc. There is the piano syllabus. There's various books of music or sheet music laying about. It's messy.

      Delete
  6. Don't feel bad about no one noticing your haircut...I went from having hair past my shoulders to getting it cut above my ears and it took my daughter 3 days to notice..lol

    ReplyDelete