|Ghost Poop ready to hand out to students.|
2. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who are in the path of Sandy Frankenstorm and those who have not met her yet. I've viewed pictures of places I've been to in NYC and some are hardly recognizable. But also beware because there are a few pics circulating that are photo shopped. There is not a shark in the waters on the East Side.
3. Yesterday I made little baggies for my students for Halloween. They are receiving Ghost Poop. If you google you will find multitudes of blogs with this idea and a few have pdf's of tags to print out. Basically, Ghost Poop is marshmallows. I think the 6 students who are dedicated enough to come to lessons on Halloween deserve a cool treat.
4. My iPod reminder just went off. I'm supposed to be cleaning the dining room. Doh!
5. I made a great slow cooker recipe on Sunday. It was cubed chicken, 1 can mushroom soup, 1 pkt onion soup mix, 2 cups sour cream. It was really yummeh. Next time I'd add a can of mushrooms and red peppers for a serving of veggies. It sort of tasted like a stroganoff. Totally tasty.
6. Since I started keeping track of my food on FitnessPal I've made the following changes..... I've cut out coffee creamer. I'm using splenda for coffee instead. I've cut down to only 1 cup of coffee a day as well. I was drinking 3 before. I've replaced those other cups of coffee with tea or hot cocoa. I've really cut down on snacking. I've started to make large weekend meals that can be portioned out and carried on into the week. This week I've changed my breakfast to a yogurt cup. Liberte came out with a cup that is half fruit and half yogurt for 80 cals. I'd really like to add a little more calcium. It is a work in progress but I am feeling the benefit.
7. Brandy turns 13 on November 11th. I want to get her a pillow for the dining room. Right now she is laying on two bedroom pillows beside me as I type at the table. I know she'd love something more comfy that she can call her own.
8. Are you dressing up for Halloween? I'm going to be the Ultimate Rider Fan. In other words, I am going as myself. Tee hee. I bought black tights so I can wear my Rider shorts. I have football glasses too. I'm going to have fun with this one.
9. I think I have too much candy. There will be a high of -5*C and I kind of doubt we will have lot's of visiters. Now I am worried about having left over candy. Although, if I'm good and don't get into it myself, I can save it for Christmas treats or even make cookies out of it.