Everyone says that they dread the month of January because it is so long. It's 31 days. There are a few other months with 31 days. Like October. No one ever says they can't wait for October to be over.
Then I guess at the end of October we are rewarded with candy.
1. You have to wait until Valentine's Day for candy. And pfft. If you don't have a Valentine [it's over hyped anyway] go buy your own candy. Why not? I bet you love yourself!
2. We are heading back into the deep freeze for a few days and then according to the long term forecast, February is looking about normal temps. Over night we got more snow and roads are not good. Travel isn't recommended for most parts of the province and I've heard to be very careful driving in the city.
3. I must remember to take two pieces of music to work. One is the Super Mario Theme and the other is a Twilight song. I know you might be rolling your eyes. I don't care. It's called Jacob's Theme and is a nice little tune.
4. I have my meatloaf in the oven. It's the best meatloaf recipe I've ever tried. If you are interested I might be convinced (bribed) to do a blog post about it.
5. Special K came out with two new flavours of Cracker Chips. One is BBQ and the other Zesty Southwest. I thought the southwest would be like nacho flavoured, but no, it's sort of like Ranch. And by the way, what is a cracker chip? Are you a cracker or a chip? You can't be both. Choose.
6. It looks as though our New York return trip isn't happening. I didn't nag my parents about dog sitting. It just isn't worth the headache. Instead, Hubby and I are spending the money and putting new windows in our house. We have 1974 metal sliders. We cover them in plastic every year but really....they need to be upgraded. I am very pleased.
7. Brandy has fully transitioned to the grain free doggie food. She seems to like it. She doesn't turn her nose up at it. It's turkey and potatoes....who wouldn't love that? It's like every day is Thanksgiving for dogs!
8. I gave my piano students a writing assignment. They were to write 4 bars of a song. I provided the LH chords and they just had to come up with a melody. They had to make it so it made sense...had rhythm etc...and had to be titled. From the 6 I got back yesterday, only 1 student followed instructions. The student who followed instructions is the one who I have problems with and wants to quit. Go figure.
9. This week I am sticking with my exercise routine [3 bike rides of 15 minutes each] and eating carefully and eating an apple on exercise days. This week, I am adding 1 glass of milk to 1 meal a day. I realized my calcium intake was low to non-existent. I don't know if any of it is making a difference, but I feel better trying to be and do better.
10. Biggest question ever: Who do you have in the Superbowl? I haven't chosen yet but I think the 49ers have the momentum to win.