Tuesday, February 12, 2013

10 Thought Pancake Tuesday

Apparently, pancakes are associated with Shrove Tuesday, or Fat Tuesday as they call it in New Orlin's.  It is the last day to indulge before Lent.  Kind of cruel if you ask me, what with Valentine's Day only two days away.  What is a Shrove Tuesday-er going to do with all that Valentine chocolate?

Oh and you gotta know, that if today is the last day to indulge before fasting for Lent, I am hopping on the next jet plane for the big apple and bingeing on all the Junior's cheesecake and Vaneiro's cannoli I can stand.

1.  I think the above should count for about 3 thoughts.

2.  I am awesome.  I went looking for a sheet of music I re-wrote for a student I no longer teach.  It was a bridge to his festival song which he never performed because he went on a school camping trip instead.  That was 4 or 5 years ago.  I found it.  It was tucked neatly inside the book it should have been and only took me about a half hour to find it.

3.  Brandy jumped on the bed yesterday.  This might not seem like a big deal, but for Brandy~puppy the Super Dog this is a big event.  She hasn't done that in a few months.  I had flopped down on the bed listening to the news on the radio.  She came into the room and was sniffing around the base of the bed and then.... *bloop* ..... she was standing on the bed looking very much like "meh, it was nothing."

4.  It is +1*C here today.  It feels like spring.  It feels amazing.  I am not wearing socks at the moment.  My toes are happy.

5.  I've been wearing my red velvet shoes at work.  I've gotten several compliments on them.  I responded to a parent yesterday saying how much I liked them but wouldn't they be even more amazing in green?  She didn't quite feel my enthusiasm for green.  But believe me, if I found these shoes in green....they would RAWK.

6.  Hubby and I have ordered windows for our house and 1 door.  That is 9 windows and 1 back door.  It will take at least 6 weeks until they arrive and then they will be installed.  They are double argon with something called Krypton.  I didn't know Superman home invasion was a concern this far north.

7.  I haven't been logging my food.  My diet remains about the same though.  I just got bored logging everything.  I've cut out the Special K cracker chips at lunch and I try to have more veggies on my sandwich instead.  I eat at least 3 apples a week and drink 1 glass of milk every day with lunch.  I've been riding my bike 3 days a week except for last week.  My days were all weird last week.

8.  Today Bell has a thing called Let's Talk.  It's to boost awareness about mental illness.  Today if one texts or tweets with the hashtag Let's Talk Bell will donate so much money to research.  

9.  135 days until the first football game of the season.  //=S=//  Free agency is this Friday.  There are two guys I really wanted to see signed.  It doesn't look like it's going to happen.  What football has taught me is that people are replaceable.  We love the players while they're are here, but some move on, and their positions are filling by others and then we love the replacements too.

10.  I don't want anyone to feel down on Valentine's Day.  Remember that even if you don't have a boyfriend or husband or significant other that you probably do have a multitude of other love in your life.  I don't require flowers or chocolate to make me feel loved and appreciated in my life and you shouldn't either.  And you know what?  It is perfectly okay to go out and buy them for yourself too.  Or wait until Friday when it's all on sale *grin*


8 comments:

  1. I can't wait for lookin' slender wednesday!

    I feel the same about Valentines day. I like it and it has nothing to do with romance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to explain this at work today. Can you believe the 15 year old junior teacher totally understood me while the 25 something teacher did not? I said I don't need flowers that are going to die in 2 days and I can buy my own chocolates on sale the day after. It's just a day and if you need a day to make an effort to make the people you love in your life feel special....then they aren't the right people! I also talked about expectations and how nothing lives up to what we think in our own head so every Valentine's is a let down anyway...so why be let down and just don't expect anything?!

      Delete
  2. Yay for new windows and Superman prevention!

    I feel like I should have made pancakes instead of eggs this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's never too late to have pancakes. Have them tomorrow, or, better yet, have some heart shaped ones on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have Roughrider pancake mix left....so maybe we'll have pancakes on Saturday.

      Delete
  4. We had pancakes! And I found that red velvet mix so I can make your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! I've only seen it at Safeway and Walmart here so good for you! Did you do math with your pancakes?

      Delete