Today is one of my bestest online friends birthday. Mel-Arty-Ramya. She is a friend of many names.
Friends are the birthday cake in the peanut butter and jam of life.
I just made that up.
1. Yesterday was Family Day here in SK. Hubby and I went to Walmart as a family. It was a busy place, but not Christmas busy. We bought a new laundry hamper and looked at containers for adding recycling bins under our sink. The blue bin arrives this month.....I think.
2. After wonderful spring like conditions, we have wind of -30*C if not colder today. The car is plugged in. I'll have to bundle up and use my heater in my classroom today. It's the price I pay for living in these parts.
3. Brandy went to the vet Saturday. She has a mild rash on her bottom that requires me to clean her with baby wipes. She also showed high protein in her urine. There doesn't really seem to be a cause of it because her blood sample showed normal results. At this time, her kidneys are functioning normal. The vet, Dr. Dull, is supposed to phone me back with possibilities of what this means. Brandy is not sick. She's as happy as could be.
4. I painted my nails an OPI colour called Chocolate Moose. I painted the ring fingers a Butter brand colour called Scuppered. I'm not sure what this food related finger painting means, but they look nice in the meantime.
5. Having a holiday Monday makes for a great long weekend but ruins the whole week. Tuesday becomes the new Monday and the whole balance of the week is thrown off. Also, this is February break for schools. I have 2 students missing today. I suspect with the combination of cold weather we might get a ton of cancellations today. Although, my students tend to be diehards.....but not the Bruce Willis kind.
6. Sunday I spent some time and sorted my book shelf. I'm giving some books away and also have a box to give my parents of books they might like to read. I love books. I have a thing for books and really need a book in my hand, but I'm thinking the time is coming where I should have a Kindle. If I ever buy a Kindle I will need to invent a candle or room spray that smells like paper and ink.
7. I made what were supposed to be the Best Chocolate Chip Muffins Ever. They are the best to take someone's eye out, maybe. They are okay when warmed, but might send you straight to the dentist otherwise. My search will continue for a good and yummy chocolate chip muffin.
8. I slept really well last night and woke up a half hour earlier than normal. That hasn't happened since before I got sick in November. I think perhaps I am finally feeling rejuvenated. I don't think the "diet" has anything to do with it. I think my body just repaired itself.
9. My young student did her first piano exam on Friday. It will be about 2 weeks until results are posted. I am hoping for 90. I know she's capable of it. I'm scared to wish for it though. I've had others who I thought were capable and then got below average. This girl totally deserves it though. *crosses fingers*
10. I am procrastinating. I better get on with things. I have a kitchen to clean and lunch to make before I head off in the cold to work. Cheers!