Tuesday, February 5, 2013

10 Thought Tuesday ~There's Hope ~

It's a bright sunny warm day here in Toon Town.  What's it like where you are?  Water is dripping off the house.  It makes me hopeful that the worst of winter is over and spring is on it's way.

1.  NFL get over yourself.  You are calling yourself world champions.  The last time I checked the only teams in the NFL were all in the United States.  You did not play football with another country.  You are not world champions you are national champions.

2.  Beyonce is fierce, there is no doubt.  But I don't really know if that was the best half time show of all time.  I would have preferred more musicality and less showmanship.  A colleague said it's about spectacle but my argument is if you didn't really know who Beyonce was that performance didn't give you any insight into the talent that she is.

3.  Sunday, Hubby and I went to the downtown mall.  I went to Sephora [where I was called old] and redeemed my gift card for my favourite perfume.  It's called Saint made by Kat von D.  I doubt Kat von D actually makes it but she created the scent.  I do like it.  I also got an Urban Decay eyeshadow called Smog.  It brings out the blue in my eyes.

4.  Brandy is liking her new grain free food.  It's turkey and potatoes.  It's much crunchier than the old stuff and I think that's a good thing too.  She seems like a happy doggie these days.

5.  I am full swing at work when it comes to festival work.  I've got 4 students doing duets this year....that is two pairs.  It's pretty exciting stuff.  The seasoned students are working hard on their songs because they know what's ahead of them.  I'm finding that the kids in their 2nd year are having issues with working on something that's much more challenging than they're used to.  I keep telling them the only way to get better and make it easier is to keep doing it.  For some reason these young people have the attitude of giving up when it gets hard.  I have to change their mentality.

6.  Hubby has priced out new house windows from several companies.  We've chosen one and will be able to afford a new back door as well!  The fellow is coming tomorrow to retake measurements.  I am so thrilled.  Every year we put plastic on the inside of the windows to keep out the draft.  Over the last two years we've had issues with it staying stuck....but no more!  I am giddy with the excitement of never having to do it again!  Plus....I'll get to pick out new window treatments!!!

7.  I am all up to date watching Homeland.  My new favourite sitcoms are Guys with Kids and 1600 Penn.  Of course, I love the old standby's too....Big Bang.  I love Last Guy Standing with Tim Allen too.  Community is back on tv Thursday night so am pumped about that.

8.  Hubby is all pumped because Nascar starts up soon.  I admit watching a 4 hour race is senseless when only the last 3 or 4 laps are all that really count BUT I have come to know a little about the personalities of the drivers.  That part is a little fun.  And really....something needs to fill the weekend time slot until football starts.

9.  142 days until the CFL season starts!!!!!  *runs around excited*

10.  I am in the market to buy a gold chain for a pendant that I own but the current chain is too tight.  I have issues with things that are too tight around my neck.  I think it's a thyroid thing.  Anyhow, I've found a good price on one 20 inches long, but I'm thinking that's too long even for my voluptuous body.  What's a good length?  18 inches?  Help! 


3 comments:

  1. I want smog for my eyes! I am not big on sports so no comment there. But I like Beyonce, thought she was cool. Glad for Brandy- hide the beer! They called you old? Exciting about the windows and doors! I like car racing but never go. I wear an 18" chain and it hits me perfectly for most if my modest tops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Smog in the old packaging for $7. The new packaging is $22! I have it in two other sets but I like the individual pots best.
      I like Beyonce too but the show wasn't really her best attempt I don't think.
      The Sephora Girl said I had salt and pepper hair. To me that = old.
      I'm thinking 18 might be okay. I need to measure. I found a nice one on Amazon. I know I'd pay more at a jeweler and really don't want that hassle. I just want a gold chain that would be interchangeable for a couple different pendants. The key Hubby gave me two years ago is on a chain that is a little snug for my liking. I hate using extenders too.

      Delete
  2. Definitely measure. My gut instint would have been to say 20". Wouldn't want you to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete