but a regular Tuesday.
1. Last night I made pumpkin whoopie pies to give to my students who are amazing enough to still come to lessons on Halloween. Actually, I just made the pie part. Today I'll make the whoopie. Wait.....that doesn't sound right some how....
2. I went to the mall on Sunday to Halloween Alley. I bought an amazing witches hat that is a glittery purple with black spiders and webbing on it. I got a black spider web cape, purple and black striped socks and little buckle things to put on my shoes. I already have a black dress. Oh yes and I got these spectacular glasses with a witches nose attached. I plan on being a new age witch.
3. I realized that I do not have a witches broom for my costume. All I own is a swiffer sweeper. Can a witch carry a swiffer? It's either that or the vacuum and man, carrying around a hoover all day would really suck.
4. I am happy that many schools are returning to the Halloween tradition. I can't remember anything more exciting at school than the costume parade and then the pizza parties to follow.
5. When I was about 8 my mom made a fantastic clown costume. It was blue and white. She made a great hat that stood up. The costume was big enough to fit over my coat. #CanadianHalloweenProblems There's a picture of me somewhere that Dad took where I'm standing outside wearing the costume.
6. When I was 15, a group of friends and myself borrowed my brothers hockey jerseys and masqueraded as a hockey team. We went to a few places to get candy until people got mad at us. It was funny then, but now I understand that we really were too old. It was fun though.
7. As an adult, there was a year that I made the costume for Betty Rubble. It was a great costume, but there was one problem. It snowed. I was so cold!
8. The last two years I've dressed in all my Roughrider garb. It's not much of a stretch for me. Is it game day or halloween? We don't know.
9. Brandy~puppy the Super Dog has dressed up as an angel and a clown in previous years. The angel didn't work very well as she kept trying to knock her halo off her head.
10. IT'S THE GREAT PUMPKIN CHARLIE BROWN!!!!!