Here I am and I've finally found enough time to sit and tap out my thoughts. What a whirlwind it's been! Someone shot off the start gun after Labour Day and I've been off to the races ever since.
1. Yesterday, we woke up to the very slightest dusting of sn*w. I mean, it was like someone gently sprinkled icing sugar on the ground. It melted right away. Everyone was freaking out! All day on the radio, everyone was depressed and moaning and groaning about it. Suck it up! This is Canada. Guess what? It snows here in the Winter. It always snows around Halloween. Put on your snow suit and deal with it!
2. I am not a morning person. I had to wake up nearly 3 hours early today to get to my medical appointment. Hubby said I was very chatty. Medical appointment was fine. No worries.
3. Thanksgiving weekend we spent the weekend being sick and picking up/assembling new furniture. When something says 'some assembly required' you better be getting your Ikea degree because they aren't joking. 4 hours later we had an entertainment credenza and heaven help you if you can't follow directions. The house is slowly coming together.
4. I've had lot's of internet trouble since about January/February. We upgraded our service to HD and they came and installed a new modem and cable box. Hubby phoned them to complain about service. One thing led to another and by the end of it our internet speed got upgraded and we got a pvr AND they knocked $25 off our bill. All Hubby did was threaten to go to the competition. Problem solved!
5. Teaching has been going great. Next week we pick out Christmas recital songs. I have a new batch of beginner 7 year olds as well as nearly 10 adult students! It's a fun year.
6. There are two regular season CFL games left. Where did the season go? My Riders are 2nd in the western division and have a chance of being 1st again. It depends on other teams though. Then we are Grey Cup bound!
7. Brandy~puppy the Super Dog has been a little angel. She got very anxious with all the changes in the house but she quickly settled in. Crazy dog likes to stand and look at herself in the mirror I took off the wall. I'm never going to be able to put it back. The other morning she was barking in her sleep. I wonder what she was barking at?!
8. There are 63 days until the jolly fat dude slides down the chimney.
9. I have not done one thing to get ready for Halloween. We bought a box of potato chips to hand out. We don't get many trick'or'treaters here during the week. The box has 58 so I'm sure that will be plenty. Plus we are not left with a ton of chocolate either. I bought "screme eggs" to hand out to my students. They are basically Cadbury cream eggs but with green centers for Halloween. I need to pin point my costume! What should I be????
10. I've decided that weather will not get me down. Don't let it get you down where you are either. We should be fortunate to live where we do. We have jobs. We have people who love us. Let's embrace our lives :)