Tuesday, November 12, 2013

10 Thought Tuesday ~ Looking Forward ~

We are heading into the Christmas season!  Wahoo!  It's the most wonderful time of year.  I heard someone say that once.  I find myself looking forward to so many things.

1.  I am looking forward to making our house look festive.  Since we have new furniture and rearranged things I have an extra challenge this year.  Still it should be so much fun decking the halls.

2.  Breaking News:  there is a 98% chance Hubby and I will be staying home this year.  It was Hubby's idea.  It will be the first time in 12 years that we will wake up in our own bed on Christmas morning.  I am beyond thrilled.

3.  I am drastically cutting down my Christmas card list.  I am tired of putting in effort and remembering people who don't return the courtesy.  I am also not writing my customary newsletter.  I feel that anyone who cares about us knows what we've been doing or has kept in touch.  I also don't want to give Canada Post money for stamps.

4.  Stamps.  Ick.  MY Saskatchewan Roughriders beat the BC Lions in a thrilling game on Sunday.  Next Sunday is the Western Final in Cow Town against the Stampeders.  They have a horse called Quick Six that gallops along the sidelines when they score.  I hate that horse.

5.  We started our Christmas shopping.  I am so not impressed with Walmart.  Hubby stood waiting to get help in the electronics department while staff messed about not helping people.  We got fed up and left.  We ordered what we wanted online instead.  Zero customer service = loss of sale.  This is one other reason to shop at the new Target.

6.  My Brandy had her 14th birthday yesterday.  Every day is precious now that we spend with her.

7.  The New York trip is totally paid for.  Hotel and flight.  Cannoli here I come!  We aren't into the planning stages yet but I hope we get to hit up a few new places.  This is my main reason for making it through the winter and a great reason to look forward to April.

8.  I am looking forward to doing some Christmas baking.  I have plans to make sugar cookies and shortbread.  I also have a fantastic recipe using Hershey's Hugs....which I bought on sale at Target 2/$6.  Making cookies is something my mom and I always did together.  It's a special thing to do.  I think this year I will make some baggies to share with neighbours....you know...good will towards all men.

9.  To help you get motivated and look forward to Christmas like I am....check out this website.  http://www.xmasclock.com/

10.  One last thought.  Please pray for the people in the Philippines.  I teach many families who are from there or still have family there.

2 comments:

  1. I read this about 45 minutes ago, then got distracted by work. I've been singing "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" ever since. LOL... My first xmas ear worm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I'm teaching a lot of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" this year. I have tons of music and books. I don't know why kids don't choose a bigger variety.

      Delete